Here are some deets I found on Dr. Pawlak who holds her Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, and has done post-doctoral studies in the fields of immuno-biology, chemistry, genetics and the biochemistry of the brain.
Books (She’s been publishing since the 1990’s on nutrition and brain)
This looks like a site she smoshed together in 2001.
Wasn’t able to find even a single radio interview (much less a video) online for this gal, argh! I may have to go to one of her seminars where she will talk about gut bacteria’s extensive effects on us, see lecture topics for FOOD, MOOD & COGNITION :
- Brain Food. How Food and Nutrients Affect Brain Cells.
- Dietary Supplements and Cognition (Omega 3, Gingko, Coconut oil, etc.): What Really Works?
- Shaping a Better Brain. Food for Thought. Feeding the Brain to Optimize Academic Success.
- Western Diet and Cognitive Impairment – Causing Hippocampal Dysfunction. The Insidious Effect of Saturated Fats. Does Sugar Make Us Dumb?
- The Hungry Brain. Overeating and Brain Deterioration. Energy Balance, Brain Health and Cognition.
- Obesity and Poor Mental Health. Is it What We Eat, or What’s Eating Us? Interactions Between Stress, Sadness and Food Intake. Obesity-Associ-
ated Brain Inflammation – Promoting Addictive Behaviors?
- Food and Mood. The Link Between Junk Food and Depression/Anxiety. The Rise of Mental Health Disorders in Our Youth. Inflammation as the
- The Gut as Our 2nd Brain: Your Gut Has a Mind of its Own. Could the Gut be the Center of Many of Our Physical and Psychiatric Ailments? Gut
Signals That Impact Overeating, Mood and Cognition. Gut Dysfunction, Inflammation and Brain Health.
- Our Inner Ecosystem. How Gut Bacteria Shape Our Minds and Bodies. To What Extent Can We Blame Our “Bugs” for Obesity and Depression?
- The Gastrointestinal (GI) Barrier: Our Defense Against the External Environment. Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Chronic Stress: How it Impairs Our Intestinal Barrier and Alters Gut Bacteria. Evidence That Gut Bacteria Actually Influence How Well We Respond
- Do All Diseases Begin in the Gut? The Link Between Altered GI Function and Allergy, Inflammatory Diseases, Autoimmune Diseases, Diabetes,
Arthritis, Autism, ADD/ADHD, Obesity, Eating Disorders, Depression, and Other Chronic Disease States.
- The Curse of the Inflammatory Western Diet: Promoting Gut Dysfunction and Toxic Intestinal Bacteria That’s Taking a Toll on Our Health.
- America’s Chemical Cuisine: Food Additives, Preservatives, Pesticides, Genetically Modified Foods. What Impact is it Having Our Gut and Brain
Health? Dangerous Grains: Who Could Benefit From a Gluten Free Diet?
- Medications That Cause Digestive Problems (eg., Antibiotics, NSAIDs, etc.).
- Dental Health Implications. Impact of Diet, Obesity and Depression on Oral Health.
- The WAY to Eat to Improve Gut health, Brain Health, Appetite and Weight Control, Dental Health, Energy, Mood and Cognition. What’s the Secret?
- Can We Eat our Way to Happiness? Diet as a Depression Cure. Nutrition for Addiction Recovery.
- Food Allergies: How Common Are They Really?
- New-Fangled Fibers: Will the Real Fiber Please Stand Up?
- Prebiotics and Probiotics: Superfoods or Super Swindle? Probiotics to Treat Depression? The GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Diet. What to Recommend to Our Patients?